The Voice of Rural Illinois
Connecting people and communities with resources
- is a not-for-profit corporation established in 1989.
- is committed to coordinate private/public leadership for community and economic
development throughout rural Illinois.
- embraces a comprehensive approach to rural development.
- maintains collaborative relationship with:
- the Governor's Rural Affairs Council, USDA Rural Development, Illinois
Institute for Rural Affairs, IL. Dept. of Commerce and Economic
Opportunity and other strategic groups.
- private sector businesses and organizations.
- local, state and federal agencies actively involved in rural community
and economic development.
- convenes annual spring and fall conferences providing access to innovative rural
development strategies and networking opportunities.
- was designated the Illinois Rural Development Council through a "Memorandum of
Understanding" between Illinois' Governor Edgar and the National Rural Development
Partnership (NRDP) of the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
- is one of 39 State Rural Development Councils associated with the NRDP and is able
to provide direct input into national policy, procedures, and regulations.
2015 Highlights & Accomplishments
How do I join?